Search Me!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Who Knew?

Last night I made a great pot of pinto beans (seasoned with a little hijiki, breakfast sausage, and smoked paprika). This morning I couldn't decide what to have for breakfast--and have run out of granola, my current carb standby. I was also craving a salad, but was out of salad dressing (yes, I do need to go shopping today).

Jill Kelly, novelist, blogger, friend, and colleague on the path to better health recently started on a new food plan (read more about it on her blog, Sober Truths: The Making of an Honest Woman) that includes lots of beans and greens.

So I decided to have some beans (about 1/2 a cup) to hit the carb craving, along with some cooked kale and a spot of hamburger I had in the fridge. I do admit I had some trepidation as this was not breakfast-y food (at least, not in my world).

Verdict: Tasty, and hit all of the right spots. I learned, too, that getting off the beaten path opens up paths to getting my food (and craving) needs met--in spite of initial doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I want to know what you think...