Search Me!

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Rinse/Repeat

So I've looped back again. Back to those every day, elastic-waist pants day, tops loved best that widen wide at the waist. The gym? A piece of plastic on my key ring. I am ache, slump (sleep-deprived) most days. Fuzzy of brain, as well.
This is a small square black and white drawing. On the left is a white mountain, with the words, where we are, written on it. There is a person standing on the top of it, which is very flat. The person is facing forward, looking at another land mass, also white, with what we want to be written on it in black. In between the two masses is a black triangular space, kind of like a hershey's kiss, with leap of faith on the top of it, written in white. at the bottom, in slightly large letter is make the jump.


There have been the big stressors. Changed work and work type, I'm in a new housing situation, with all my small routines upended. And now, too is the Bowl Period. Everything's in a bowl at home: the wilted ice cream after a meal of microwaved Canadian bacon and egg whites, or a green salad, or granola and kefir. I work so many hours and am so seldom fully recharged that I'm having a difficult time doing the very things that do feed and ease me.

The writing, too, is like this: Not the writer I want to be, but am. Awkward, thin and flat (it's been more than a year since I last posted here). Shaken and certainly insecure.

But I am back because I need to be because writing and editing for others is nothing like writing and speaking for myself. (I hope I write long enough to no longer sound trite.)

To practise, to stumble. Learn, forgive--and then collapse.

Here we go.



2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you! I enjoy your posts, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita,
    Hey you! Thanks for reading the page--and reaching out. It's great to hear from you. I hope you and yours are well.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I want to know what you think...