Search Me!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Something Didn't Work

The best laid plans...
40 minutes after eating, I'm sitting here quite stumped.
As I wrote in my last post, my breakfast plan was to east 3 eggs, and soup made with miso, mushroom broth, and tofu. Well, something didn't work, and I'm not sure what.
I ate 1-1/2 eggs and maybe three tbsps of soup, and then stopped because. I felt full, even though I was (and am) still hungry. I also started to cramp a bit, and now have a bloated belly.

I do feel good that I stopped eating as soon as I felt full. But now what? What, exactly, was the problem?
  • Was the total protein hit too much?
  • Was it my choice of protein?
  • Was it the combination of protein?
  • Was it the volume of food? I'm pretty sure my stomach is a bit smaller now than it was pre-sick.
  • Maybe my body needs even more TLC than I thought, and even non-meat (that is, egg and soy-based) protein is too much?
Short answer: I don' t know. What I do know:
  • I'm still hungry.
  • I'm afraid I don't have enough protein.
  • I don't know what to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I want to know what you think...