Search Me!

Friday, April 5, 2013

It Came to Me

I'm not sure why or how, but I'm now ready to let go of granola.  Simple statement, but a big deal. This was not in my recent detox plan. What was in the plan (and what I've been doing quite religiously) is measuring the amount of granola I eat. Still, I'm going to honor this desire, which came to me yesterday, and let go of granola.
I've known for a while that granola has been my cake/bread/muffin/pie replacement, and that I don't do well when eating a lot of carbs. But I just haven't wanted to give them all up. I was bargaining with my body--everything but the granola with raisins and cranberries.
I've also had a desire to eat more greens, and I have started sprouting clover and alfalfa seeds. This morning I had 2 boiled eggs on a bed of greens with sprouts and salad dressing. Then I had half a cup of cooked yam. Quite yummy all around. 
A key issue for me is not muscling myself (again) into lots of changes all at once. I am (for now) going to keep buying dark chocolate, and will also eat the dates I currently have in the house, but won't be buying any more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I want to know what you think...