- eating smaller meals
- snacking less
- eating more greens
- eating more chicken and less beef and pork
- not craving carb-y food (as much)
Here's what I had for breakfast (and, in parentheses, what I would have previously eaten):
- small plate of salad greens (large plate of greens)
- 2 eggs with scallions (3 eggs and sausage)
- 1/2 cup of pinto beans (ditto)
I am quite full (actually, I think I'm a bit over-full from the beans), and my mouth isn't "craving" anything (well, except for some small sweet thing. I may have a date after I write this).
1. The raw sauerkraut I consume a couple of times a day has brought back healthy bacteria (such as lactobacillus plantarum) which, in turn, is helping me better digest and absorb the food and nutrients I do eat, so I'm not as hungry and eat smaller portions;
2. I'm lifting weights again (have been for the last week), which might be reducing mood-related eating (although I have been walking pretty regularly, which should have reduced that, as well);
3. The combination of the two;
4. I'm drinking more water, and more regularly; and
4. My elimination of grains (though that is quite recent).
I actually think it's the sauerkraut, but I'll keep doing the rest.