Search Me!

Monday, April 8, 2013

I'll Take It

My food interests and volume are changing, and I'm not exactly sure why. I'm:

  • eating smaller meals
  • snacking less
  • eating more greens
  • eating more chicken and less beef and pork
  • not craving  carb-y food (as much)

Here's what I had for breakfast (and, in parentheses, what I would have previously eaten):

  • small plate of salad greens (large plate of greens)
  • 2 eggs with scallions (3 eggs and sausage)
  • 1/2 cup of pinto beans (ditto)
I am quite full (actually, I think I'm a bit over-full from the beans), and my mouth isn't "craving" anything (well, except for some small sweet thing. I may have a date after I write this).

Why is this happening, and why is it happening now? There are a couple of possible reasons:

1. The raw sauerkraut I consume a couple of times a day has brought back healthy bacteria (such as lactobacillus plantarum) which, in turn, is helping me better digest and absorb the food and nutrients I do eat, so I'm not as hungry and eat smaller portions;
2. I'm lifting weights again (have been for the last week), which might be reducing mood-related eating (although I have been walking pretty regularly, which should have reduced that, as well); 
3. The combination of the two; 
4. I'm drinking more water, and more regularly; and 
4. My elimination of grains (though that is quite recent).

I actually think it's the sauerkraut, but I'll keep doing the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I want to know what you think...